At The Holm Law Firm, PLLC, one of the most important objectives is uniting families through immigration. Persons who have a familial relationship with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) may seek status through a petition filed by a family member or, under certain limited circumstances, through self-petitioning. Our firm will assist you in determining the options available to your family. Although each case is unique, we strive to achieve a timely and successful resolution for all of our clients.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may file an immigrant petition for a spouse, parent (if you are over 21), sibling (if you are over 21), adult child (married or unmarried), and minor child. As a U.S. citizen, you may also petition for a fiancé who is residing overseas. If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you may petition for certain family members, though you will qualify to petition for fewer categories of family members. As a lawful permanent resident, the family members you may petition for are limited to your spouse, adult unmarried child, and minor child.

Adoptive and “step” relationships are also recognized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, though with certain restrictions. Additionally, the widows and widowers of U.S. citizens are eligible to obtain permanent residence status, regardless of the length of time they were married to the U.S. citizen prior to the citizen’s death.

Clients rely on The Holm Law Firm, PLLC for competent legal advice and advocacy through the visa application process. Call 001 + (502) 719-0126 to schedule an in-person or phone consultation. The Holm Law Firm, PLLC takes the necessary time to get to know you and your family to better serve your immigration needs.